The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is an independent, accredited university that is training the next generation of global health professionals and thinkers to be leaders and change makers so that equitable, quality health services are accessible and delivered to all.
We believe that building bridges across sectors is necessary to sustainably transform health education and delivery globally and eliminate the gap between the most and least disadvantaged.
Hamwe Festival works to generate new insights and brings public awareness to global health challenges and corresponding solutions, using the unique and complementary vantage points of the creative community and global health professionals. With the success of the Hamwe Festival and other arts initiatives at UGHE, in 2021, we institutionalized Hamwe Festival into a university department called the Arts & Culture in Global Health Public Engagement, whose responsibilities will contribute to UGHE’s mission by engaging the general public and global health communities on current global health issues through arts and cultural activities to sensitize and increase understanding on those global health issues.
UGHE is looking for an Administration and Logistics intern to contribute to this effort; the ideal candidates would be enthusiastic about global health equity and health humanities.
- Support in liaising between the UGHE operations team, the Hamwe Festival’s team, and external partners involved in the festival’s preparation and implementation
- Assist in coordinating the festival logistics for all participants and collaborators
- Assist the Festival Organization team in testing online platforms
- Assist the communications team and the communications volunteers in liaising with speakers and performers
- Assist in session preparation and follow-up
- Assist in event invitations and protocol
- Provide administrative support in all preparation activities
- Follow up on payments related to the festival
- Assist in recording a track record of all requests, complaints of participants and partners, and timely informing the festival organizing team
- Support in the development of reports and documents in the follow-up of sessions
- Documents meetings and calls with detailed minutes and provide timely support in action points follow-up
- Work closely with the festival organizers and university leadership in planning, promoting, and implementing the festival
- Be proactive in facilitating participation
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to event management and promotion is preferable
- Experience supporting the coordination of events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of stakeholder groups