IRCAD Africa is a training and research center in minimally invasive surgery. The principal of IRCAD is to teach internationally the latest techniques in minimally-invasive image guided abdominal surgery, and to research new computer-assisted system combining developments in software, artificial intelligence and robotics.
We are looking for a Communication and Marketing Intern to provide communication and marketing support to the communication and marketing department. To succeed as a Communication and Marketing Intern, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Under the direct supervision of the Communication and Marketing Manager, the Communication and Marketing Intern will be in charge of:
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience
- Assist in the development, writing, editing, and distribution of content, including publications, press releases, website content, blog posts, social media content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products, and/or services
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics. Proficiency in design and publishing software. Performing any other relevant task assigned by Communication and Marketing Manager
Duration of Work
The duration of the internship is of 6 months.
Requiurements and Qualifications
The following skills are required from a person applying for the Communication and Marketing Intern position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field recognized university
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good time management, organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms
- Understanding of communications, public relations, and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
- The ability to absorb, analyze and summarize large amounts of information
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
The duty station is at IRCAD Africa. The Communication and Marketing Intern will be required to report to the office, and be present at the official working hours of the IRCAD Africa.
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The professional internship is non salaried position. However, a modest stipend will be provided to cover basic needs of the intern such as transport, communication, etc. The intern will be subjected to the same professional requirements and standards as IRCAD Africa staff.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com