Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope. AGGP aims to establish a series of entrepreneurial development interventions/programs throughout the African continent.
Jasiri, one of AGGP’s programs, invests in, nurtures and empower entrepreneurs who benefit society and attack poverty through the creation of high impact new businesses creating new markets on the African continent. Jasiri offers a one year Talent Investor program for high potential individuals who display exceptional entrepreneurial potential to form part of a community of high-impact responsible entrepreneurs growing businesses from scratch. Participants are funded and guided through a process of team formation, idea generation, business validation and market entry.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The position is that of an experienced Entrepreneurship Community Manager.
In this role, s/he will be responsible for effectively identifying and mobilizing Business Coaches defined as subject matter experts in business with the responsibility of guiding aspiring entrepreneurs in all stages of their business formation.
The ideal candidate will also efficiently identify, mobilize and work with Mentors, defined as experienced and trusted advisors who are deeply committed to the personal and professional development of individual entrepreneurs. The Mentors will build meaningful and trusting relationships with their mentees, rooted in the experience of their own entrepreneurial journeys.
We are looking for a well-connected individual/entrepreneur in the Rwandan and Eastern Africa entrepreneurial ecosystem, who can identify and recruit a wide variety of valuable mentors and advisors, connect them to founding teams and businesses and provide guidance to both parties on how to get maximum value from the relationship. The successful candidate will not only manage the coaches and mentors, but also effectively document lessons learnt that will inform future updates to the Jasiri mentoring and coaching program.
- Effectively identify and recruit mentors and coaches who will add value to the Jasiri Talent Investor program
- Build, cultivate strong relationships with, motivate and manage the team of mentors and coaches
- Learn from- and work in collaboration with the Mentoring and Business Coaching Design Expert to design and establish coaching and mentoring strategies and plans for JASIRI
- Conduct training needs assessments of mentors and coaches to inform their capacity enhancement/ training plans
- Conduct the needs assessments that will inform the tailor-made coaching and mentoring plans for the Jasiri Fellows, and administer any other survey that gathers data for decision making and measures effect of the JASIRI program
- Review established processes and systems to ensure quality outcomes from the coaching and mentoring process
- Monitor, manage and report on coaching and mentoring efficacy
- Leverage social channels to drive awareness and engagement with JASIRI, connecting with the entrepreneurship ecosystem members to facilitate meaningful wider connectings, maximizing attendance at JASIRI events
- Present the Jasiri Program, engaging with and identifying high-potential individuals and encouraging them to apply for the program
- Represent AGGP in meetings, conferences and events to present programs
- 3-5 years experience as a mentor or a coach in the entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Experience of coaching and/or coach development
- Exceptional record of mobilizing, motivating and managing coaches and mentors
- Proven experience as a community mobilizer in the entrepreneurship ecosystem
- A track record of developing and managing successful communities
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant field such as Business Studies and/or Social studies
Skills and Competencies:
- Language & Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Preference will be given to candidates who can read, write and speak English (compulsory), French and Kinyarwanda.
- Technical: Detail Orientation & Reasoning: Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate well. The ability to reason analytically and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects are required.
- Team: The ability to work independently and on a team is required.
- People: Strong ability to inspire, motivate and influence others.
- Other: Occasional out-of-town travel may be required to engage in professional development. The scope of the job may require some evening and weekend work to complete projects, participate in workshops, seminars, training, and professional development.
Is this a Job for You?
Kindly apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.