We’re Deriv.com. We’re all about trading. We’re the geeky upstarts who pioneered an industry. That was 20 years ago. We’re still going strong. More than a million traders from around the globe have trusted us with their money. We work across continents so traders can get trading simply, from anywhere, at any time and every time. Be part of something big. Join us.
You’ll be part of our Front-end team, where we build the client-side of our web applications by translating UI/UX design wireframes into a user-centric web experience. We advocate for our clients’ needs and we collaborate with other teams to implement an engaging user interface for our trading platforms.
As a Front-end Developer at Deriv.com, you will be in charge of our application development with a strong focus on improving the user experience. Your clean, maintainable code makes it easy for back-end developers and designers to work seamlessly with you. By building responsive and scalable front-end systems that support complex user-facing software, you’ll bring our products and features to life.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain advanced features, tools, and applications according to best practices in front-end development, UI/UX, and responsive web application development.
- Test and debug our evolving product line to improve speed, scalability, and usability across browsers, devices, and web standards.
- Ensure the design and development of each product is consistent with our style guide.
- Research new web technologies and make recommendations on opportunities to improve our user interface.
- Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques
- Experience with package managers (npm), task runners (Gulp, Webpack, Grunt), CSS processors (Sass, Stylus), and APIs (WebSocket)
- Extensive knowledge in advanced coding techniques and cross-platform development
- Familiarity with testing and debugging processes, including unit testing and UI testing
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms
What’s good to have
- Knowledge of information security and data protection
- Experience in responsive mobile and web design
- Good grasp of user experience and user interface design
- Familiarity with search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Knowledge of back-end technologies
- Growth-inducing challenges
- Cooperative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Casual dress code