Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope.
JASIRI – one of AGGP’s main programs – invests in, nurtures, and empowers entrepreneurs who benefit society and attack poverty through the creation of high impact businesses, creating newmarkets on the African continent. The JASIRI Talent Investor is a fully funded one-year program that will guide participants from idea generation, validation, prototyping, and market entry to venture creation. The program will introduce JASIRI Fellows to equally ambitious co-founders, and will support them on an individual, team and business level. The JASIRI Accelerator
invests in and supports companies with market-creating innovations. Wavumbuzi – a JASIRI pipeline building program – is a free annual six-week online entrepreneurship challenge focused on developing the entrepreneurial mindset of secondary/high school learners throughout the country.
About the Position
The Software developer needs to have hands-on experience in designing and implementing functionalities, diagnosing and correcting performance bugs, and integrating multiple applications.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute, test, demo, and deploy software solutions
- Customize workflows, validation rules, and triggers
- Troubleshoot bugs and fixes
- Document technical, functional, migration and integration phases
- Integration with external applications like Hubspot
- Develop web applications using any of these languages/tools Angular 8, Ionic 5, PHP, JAVA, MySQL, Symfony, CMS, AWS
- Commit source code in Bitbucket
- Comfortable working as part of a global team, as well as working independently and taking ownership
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Qualifications and Experience
- 1 year of experience in software or web development
- Experience operating across borders, in multicultural environments, preferably on the African continent
- Interest/experience in behavioral economics and Growth Hacking
- Interest/experience of modern web technologies such as microservices, RESTful APIs, and public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure