Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope.
JASIRI – one of AGGP’s main programs – invests in, nurtures, and empowers entrepreneurs who benefit society and attack poverty through the creation of high impact businesses, creating newmarkets on the African continent. The JASIRI Talent Investor is a fully funded one-year program that will guide participants from idea generation, validation, prototyping, and market entry to venture creation. The program will introduce JASIRI Fellows to equally ambitious co-founders, and will support them on an individual, team and business level. The JASIRI Accelerator
invests in and supports companies with market-creating innovations. Wavumbuzi – a JASIRI pipeline building program – is a free annual six-week online entrepreneurship challenge focused on developing the entrepreneurial mindset of secondary/high school learners throughout the country.
About the Position
The Junior Support Officer will support all users of the philanthropy’s products/systems and they will also test the system’s new features in order to make sure that they are working as expected.
They will work directly with the QA/Support manager and the CRM Administrator.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- First-line support of queries coming from the users of the philanthropy’s systems
- Solve simple issues and redirect the others to the Support manager and the technical team
- Test new systems against defined requirements
- Report technical issues to the technical team
- Assist with data cleaning and entry
- Assist the Philanthropy team with simple IT related issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- The ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Attention to detail
- Interest in software testing: new features testing, automated testing
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science will be an advantage