Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope.
JASIRI – one of AGGP’s main programs – invests in, nurtures, and empowers entrepreneurs who benefit society and attack poverty through the creation of high impact businesses, creating newmarkets on the African continent. The JASIRI Talent Investor is a fully funded one-year program that will guide participants from idea generation, validation, prototyping, and market entry to venture creation. The program will introduce JASIRI Fellows to equally ambitious co-founders, and will support them on an individual, team and business level. The JASIRI Accelerator
invests in and supports companies with market-creating innovations. Wavumbuzi – a JASIRI pipeline building program – is a free annual six-week online entrepreneurship challenge focused on developing the entrepreneurial mindset of secondary/high school learners throughout the country.
We require a Marketing & Communications Manager to support our work.
About the Position
The Marketing & Communications Manager will act as a bridge between the AGGP brand and the organisation’s stakeholder groups. S/he will be responsible for conveying AGGP’s internal and external communications and informing external stakeholders of organisational developments. This is in addition to developing campaign awareness strategies aimed at recruiting potential programme beneficiaries as well as contributing towards employee awareness and engagement.
- Develop, plan and execute a Communications and Marketing Strategy that strategically and positively impacts on various stakeholders to encourage increased understanding, engagement and commitment toward AGGP. This will include corporate communications, public relations, stakeholder engagement, advocacy and crisis communications for greater brand visibility and stakeholder acquisition
○ External– Develop, implement and manage awareness campaigns aimed at recruiting potential program beneficiaries and network partners, positioning the AGGP offering with accuracy
– Develop, implement and manage targeted direct marketing campaigns to potential program beneficiaries using a network of recruiters, ambassadors and influencers
○ Internal– Initiate internal communication based on an annual calendar of events and activities
- Creative direction setting and quality control.
- Oversight of marketing and communications team, induction of new staff into the requirements of the role and the functional team
- Cross functional project management of communication and design needs, partnering closely with the program teams to provide optimal materials/communications to support beneficiaries
- Manage brand delivery and consistency across all AGGP communications platforms
- Setup and oversight of key communication tools/systems and day-to day marketing analytics strategy and systems (incl. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, UTM Tracking, Whatsapp for Business, Website etc.)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key organisational stakeholders thus ensuring partner interests and expectations are managed and aligned to AGGP’s vision and mission
- Develop and manage the communications and marketing budget
- Compile and submit management reports as required
- Ensure that the communication framework documents (brand essence and style guides) are available to key internal stakeholders
- Lead creative direction for all media and collateral
- Source suitable service providers, in addition to developing service standards and contracts with service providers
- Facilitate/manage the creative process between AGGP staff and third party suppliers (incl. designers, videographers, photographers, event organisers, etc.
- Perform any administrative tasks as required in this role
- Perform any other duties as required
- Identification with AGGPA’s Vision, Mission and Ethos
- 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in all forms of media communication
- Advanced specialised computer literacy
- Experience running multiple concurrent integrated campaigns across several functions with a variety of internal staff, freelancers and outsource suppliers
- Existing relationships with local suppliers (preferable)
- Experience in UX design (preferable)
- Understanding of consumer behaviour and influence principles
- Experience in B2B and b2C marketing in East Africa
- Honours degree in Communication, Marketing or Journalism preferred
- Self disciplined, self starter with strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with an eye for details
- Adaptable and able to work in a lean and agile work environment
- Strong skills in building and maintaining partnerships and relationships
- Creative, innovative and conceptual thinking with problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility: ability to easily manage and shift priorities in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Service Excellence