Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope. AGGP utilizes a long-term strategy in developing exceptional value driven, high-impact responsible entrepreneurs for the purpose of job creation and poverty alleviation.
JASIRI – one of AGGP’s main programs – invests in, nurtures, and empowers entrepreneurs who benefit society and attack poverty through the creation of high impact businesses, creating newmarkets on the African continent. The JASIRI Talent Investor is a fully funded one-year program that will guide participants from idea generation, validation, prototyping, and market entry to venture creation. The program will introduce JASIRI Fellows to equally ambitious co-founders, and will
support them on an individual, team and business level. The JASIRI Accelerator invests in and supports companies with market-creating innovations. Wavumbuzi – a JASIRI pipeline building program – is a free annual six-week online entrepreneurship challenge focused on developing the entrepreneurial mindset of secondary/high school learners throughout the country.
We require a Project Manager to support our operations and programs.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary aim of this role is to provide operations and administrative services to the country lead, operations, and program teams, and to co-plan and oversee the execution of operations and programs. The successful candidate will also work with the leadership team to refine processes and best practices.
Program Administration & Reporting
- Managing delivery of operations and administrative functions timely, within scope and within budget whilst complying with organizational policies and procedures and adhering to Kenyan regulations
- Scoping operations and administrative objectives, structures, timelines, roadmaps and activity/delivery schedules to ensure projects are successfully and timeously implemented
- Managing procurement including purchase of equipment, program materials, organizing national and regional travel and accommodation, and undertaking other related functions for the country operations
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with third parties/vendors
- Liaising with country lead and program teams to develop partnership agreements
- Proactively working with country lead and programs to oversee, plan, and track program budgets, develop monthly projections, and ensure activities are implemented within approved budgets
- Attending meetings to define and/or refine priorities, opportunities and key deliverables
- Identifying potential operational and administrative blockages/hurdles/delays, planning appropriate contingencies and deploying rapid problem-solving measures
- Proactively working with programs to track progress, to document successes and failures, to identify potential challenges, and support implementation of agreed solutions
- Professionally presenting operations plans, and regular updates to the leadership team
- Providing regular synthesized communication on operations, hurdles, solutions and next steps
- Planning, organizing and overseeing logistics for internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences, forums, and other events
- Supporting communication by assisting country lead and programs to develop presentations and other informational materials whilst complying with the organizational style, branding and marking
- Allocating responsibilities and maintaining accountability amongst team members and regularly documenting and/or updating the same into organizational platforms such as Asana
- Maintaining a calm, rational, professional demeanor when addressing hurdles, problems or frustrations
- Understanding different individuals’ priorities, motivations, strengths and weaknesses and adapting approaches to maximize the productivity and fulfilment of the teams
- Offering operational insights for the setting of individual KPIs and personal development plans
Measurement and Evaluation
- Active researching and testing different interventions and strategies to increase team productivity and job fulfilment
- Participating in research including measuring effects of the JASIRI and Wavumbuzi programs
- Being analytical and methodical and using data to motive decision-making
- Attending and contributing to team meetings
- Attending partners’ and stakeholders’ events and industry conferences
- Operating effectively within the standard operating procedures, and regular updating of, and communication through, organizational platforms such as Asana and Slack.
- Supporting teams in executing projects across various tasks including copywriting, briefing designs, data management, public relations, strategy development, website management, reporting and event management
- Undertaking any other tasks or responsibilities that the employer may find necessary
- Over 5 years demonstrable practical experience in project management
- Budget management experience
- Knowledge of administrative and financial management of development programs and/or philanthropy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with interdisciplinary teams
- Experience using industry tools (Asana, Slack, Google Suite, Microsoft and other project management software)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Sciences or related field
- Project Management Certification is an advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Team player, people-oriented with excellent relationship management skills
- Self-disciplined, self-starter with strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Highly organized, with an eye for detail, yet flexible in approach to different tasks
- Adaptable and able to work in a lean and agile work environment
- Strategic mindset, willing to dream big
- Confident in managing conflict, airing concerns, and giving/receiving constructive feedback
Is this a Job for You?
Kindly apply by emailing your motivation letter (1 page max) and CV (2-page max) to email@example.com with the email subject line “Project Manager: Operations & Programs Application”.
Please apply by close of business on Sunday 28 February 2021. This position will remain open until suitably filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.