Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope. AGGP aims to establish a series of entrepreneurial development interventions/programs throughout the African continent.
Jasiri, one of AGGP’s main programs, invests in, nurtures and empower entrepreneurs who benefit society and attack poverty through the creation of High Impact new businesses creating new markets on the African continent. Jasiri offers a one year Talent Investor program for high potential individuals who display exceptional entrepreneurial potential to form part of a community of high impact responsible entrepreneurs growing businesses from scratch. Participants are funded immediately and are guided through a process of team formation, idea generation, business validation and market entry. We require a Project Manager to support this work.
Find out more here
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary aim of this role is to work closely with the operations team to scope, plan and oversee the execution of several AGGP projects within the region. The successful candidate will also work with the leadership team to refine processes and best practice.
- Deliver all projects on time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinate internal resources and vendors for the successful execution of projects
- Oversee communications processes and operational reporting cycles
- Scope project objectives, structures, timelines, roadmaps and activity/delivery schedules
- Track progress, adapt and update project plans as required
- Identify potential blockages/hurdles/delays, plan appropriate contingencies and implement quick solutions
Program Success Management
- Attend meetings to refine project priorities, opportunities and key deliverables
- Translating network partner objectives and deliverable into collaborative project plans
- Liaise with the Jasiri leadership team to broker partnership agreements
- Professionally present project plans, regular updates to the Leadership team and provide excellent lines of communication with partners
- Allocating responsibilities and maintaining accountability amongst team members
- Maintaining a calm, rational temperament when faced with hurdles, problems or frustrations
- Regularly voice opinions, question the status quo and challenge explanations
- Understanding different individuals’ priorities, motivations, strengths and weaknesses and adapting approaches to maximise the productivity and fulfilment of the team
Measurement and Evaluation
- Active research/ testing of different interventions and strategies, to increase team productivity and job fulfilment
- Offering operational insights for the setting of individual KPIs and personal development plans
- Using data to drive/motivate decision making
- Attending, leading and contributing to team meetings
- Attending networking events and industry conferences
- Operating effectively within the standard operating procedures (use of Asana, Slack, etc.)
- When necessary, supporting the team in executing projects across various disciplines; including copywriting; briefing designs; data management; public relations; strategy development; website management; reporting; and event management.
- Any other tasks or responsibilities that the employer may reasonably expect
- Strong project leadership experience
- Experience leading project teams of various sizes and lead them through to completion
- Experience using industry tools (Asana, Slack, etc.)
- Budget management experience
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Business Management and related field
- Project Management Certification such as PMP or Prince 2 is an advantage
Skills and Competencies :
- People-oriented with excellent relationship management skills
- Incredibly disciplined, self-driven with strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Highly organized, with an eye for detail, yet flexible in approach to different projects
- Excellent ability to follow through and get things done
- Team player, willing to go the extra mile
- Adaptable and able to work in a lean and agile work environment
- Strategic mindset
- Proactive, curious, innovative and self-motivated
- Pragmatic, yet bold enough to dream big
- Confident in managing conflict, airing concerns, and giving/receiving constructive feedback
Is this a Job for You?
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.