Katapult is an investment company, focused on highly scalable impact tech startups. We currently have 50 M USD under management, invested in 138 companies from 35 countries. We have built a world-leading investment and accelerator vehicle where we invest in global talents, profitable technology, with a positive impact on people and the planet.
We have huge ambitions of launching new thematic verticals when the timing is right, and this year we are doubling down our efforts on supporting more African early-stage companies through our new vertical: Katapult Africa.
For our next chapter we are seeking Start-up scouts with a passion for impact investments in Africa. If you fit these criteria, we have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you.
Ready to join Katapult’s mission of building a better world through impact investments, technology, and entrepreneurship?
Together with the Dealflow Manager (Lead Scout) and our Accelerator team, your role is to identify and screen potential talented impact startups in Rwanda and the East African region. This is not your typical part-time job. In many ways, this is a job that will expose you to new solutions that will shape future society. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Deal sourcing start-ups based on current trends that will shape the future of society and disrupt industries
- Market research into East African and African start-up events and conferences
- Structuring deals in our CRM system
- Further support our Country Director Rwanda with setting up Katapult Africa’s local activities
Who would be an interesting candidate for this position?
- You have an interest in the newest trends within technology and how they can be used in agriculture, climate change mitigation and social business
- You´re enthusiastic about the African startup ecosystem and want to learn more about it
- You want to learn more about the current trends within impact startups
- You´re a fast learner, team player, but also able to work independently
- You want to see a change in the world that is more sustainable for all
- You have a strong passion for Africa’s development (Rwandan or East African nationality is a plus, but no requirement)
- You are an advanced Bachelor student, Master student or have recently graduated from university
- Proficient in written and spoken English (required)
What We Offer
- Part time or full-time position
- Starting date: upon agreement
- Flexible working hours
- Unique opportunity to work as a catalyst to build impact driven companies and develop the African startup ecosystem
- Work in an international environment with Norwegian Head office and local team
- Work from our Katapult Africa HQ centrally located in Kigali, Rwanda, or remote.