Allan & Gill Gray Philanthropy (AGGP) has embarked on a journey to develop responsible entrepreneurs across the African continent in service of the common good. Our vision is an empowered, prosperous, productively engaged African citizenry thriving in ethical societies with dignity and hope. AGGP utilizes a long-term strategy in developing exceptional value-driven, high impact responsible entrepreneurs for the purpose of job creation and poverty alleviation.
One of AGGP’s Program in Rwanda is the Wavumbuzi Entrepreneurship Challenge – a free six-weeks digital learning challenge designed to ignite and develop an entrepreneurial mindset. The challenge is offered to learners in secondary schools throughout the country. You can read more about Wavumbuzi, here: https://wavumbuzi.africa/rwanda/
Scope of Work
We seek the services of individuals – known as Wavumbuzi Ambassadors – who are passionate in relationship building with- and the provision of support and guidance to the Schools Community
for the successful implementation of the Wavumbuzi Entrepreneurship Challenge. The Wavumbuzi Ambassadors will be selected from various districts of the country to ease their engagement and support to the Schools community within their areas.
The key tasks are:
- Contacting, recruiting and stewarding teachers and learners to participate in the challenge
- Facilitating group and one-on-one training sessions with teachers particularly with onboarding onto the challenge platform
- Motivating and inspiring challenge participants
- Managing teacher support and communicating effectively
- Tracking and capturing all key outcomes onto the reporting platform i.e. HubSpot our Customer Relationship Management system
- Providing daily reports to the School Liaison
- Maintaining excellent communication with all participants of the challenge
- Supporting school activations across the country, coordinated by the School Liaison
- Participate in school visits to congratulate active principals, teachers, and learners
- Providing post-challenge feedback to help improve future editions
- Any other tasks or responsibilities that may be reasonably expected
We seek the below key attributes:
- Confident public speaker
- Multi-lingual [English andKinyarwanda]
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident using technology
- People-oriented and values relationships
- Disciplined, timeous and always well prepared
- Highly organized, with an eye for detail
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, education, and social change
- Proactive, curious, innovative and self-motivated
- A laptop and internet access
- Experience in the Secondary/ High School Education sector will be an added advantage
This is a Project-Based assignment/engagement paid on an hourly basis. The scope of work will vary between Wavumbuzi Ambassadors depending on their respective locations and would be
decided on a weekly basis, depending on AGGP needs.
Applicants should be available to work a minimum of 4 hours per day, although it is not guaranteed that the scope of work will require this amount of time.
The successful candidate must be willing to operate from various locations, travel across various Districts of Rwanda and work irregular hours from time to time, including weekends. Reasonable
expenses for travel for assigned work will be covered.
- Ambassadors will be responsible for logging their hours on the time-management platform, Clockify
- AGGP will make payments on the first week of every month for the previous month’s hours verified by the School Liaison Officer against the reported activities
- All reimbursements are to be verified by the School Liaison Officer and will be subject to prior approval by the Country Director
Successful applicants will be required to attend virtual training sessions. In the event training happens is-person, AGGP will cover the cost of transportation and meals.
Is This Role for You
Kindly apply by emailing your motivation letter (1-page max of no more than 300 words) and CV (2-page max) to email@example.com, with an email subject line “Wavumbuzi Ambassador Application”. Please include your District of Residence. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview and technical assessments to be scheduled the following week.