At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that morning high-fives are the best way to start the day, and that the best ideas can come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dust-free floor means more than living in a healthy home. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers treasure most: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building floors: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda and Uganda. 70% of Rwandans and Ugandans live in homes with dirt floors that are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it. EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 75% cheaper than concrete with 90% less embedded energy. Earthen floors are prevalent in modern homes in the United States and are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite). EarthEnable trains and hires local masons to install the floors which are sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished.
About the Role
EarthEnable’s Executive Assistant will get a chance to work on a wide range of executive activities and will gain experience in a variety of tasks. He or she will support the Executive team and CEO in developing training for employees throughout the company, developing tools to improve our business processes, and more. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, hard-working, and passionate individual who possesses a strong sense of social mission, thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment, excels at working autonomously, and demonstrates an unparalleled ability to multi-task while being detail-oriented. Specific responsibilities of the role will include:
- Maintaining EarthEnable external image through regular communication with stakeholders
- Respond to media and partnership opportunities
- Manage communication that comes in through the website and general email account
- Draft and publish content on EarthEnable social media accounts
- Assist in compiling regular newsletters to donors and stakeholders including annual reports and interim update reports
- Maintaining relations with current funders as well as actively seeking out and applying for additional funding opportunities
Fundraising and grant management :
- Research for additional grants including putting together pitch presentations
- Research and maintain a portfolio of future funding opportunities for Earthenable to pursue
- Assist CEO in maintaining calendar and planning fundraising trips schedules
- Plan and ensure seamless potential and existing donor visits i.e. arranging logistics and showing donors around
- Working with different teams to build to strong EarthEnable team through events and professional development activities
- Assist in organising professional development activities for staff
- Assist in organising retreats and planning meetings
- Administrative duties: Filling, printing, making copies
- Degree preferred
- Work experience, especially experience working in development, soliciting donations from funders and grant management, is highly desired
- Comfort and confidence to approach new donors and solicit support
- Learns on the go doing important, higher-level work from the start
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Positive attitude, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and willingness to learn new things
- Commitment to excellence and outstanding work ethic
- Resourcefulness and creative problem solving
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English (Translating English to Kinyarwanda and vice versa)
- Strong alignment with EarthEnable’s values:
- Take pride in our impact on health. Work passionately to change the way people live.
- Set the bar for customer care. Exceed their expectations every step of the way.
- Work hard and work together to achieve our most ambitious goals and dreams.
- Be resourceful and responsible with money; our impact depends on it.
- Treat everyone with fairness, empathy, and concern with which we expect to be treated.
- Trust each other to have the humility to support and the vulnerability to be supported.
Reports to: Executive Associate
Timeframe: 2 years